I apologize for my sudden hiatus as I've been busy with work on my upcoming projects. As the SCKL is just few days away, I would like to wish all runners good luck and all the best in achieving your goals. Remember these do's and dont's when you cross the finishing line this Sunday.
- If you're wearing headphones (which isn't a good idea in races), take them off so you can hear the spectators' cheers.
- Thank and acknowledge the cheering spectators.
- Make sure you look up at the camera as you cross the finish line. Don't look down at your watch to check your time!
- Slow down, give your best smile and raise up your hands, don't block your BIB for the photographer's sake.
- If you have a timing chip, make sure you step on the timing mat and return the chip to the organizers.
- Once you've crossed the finish line, don't immediately stop. There may be runners coming in right behind you, so keep going until it's safe to come to a stop.
- If you're experiencing a lot of pain, feel light-headed, or just not right, head immediately to the medical tent - it should be right next to the finish line.
- Make sure you get something to eat and drink, but don't take more than your fair share. The back of the pack runners will appreciate it when there are still enough goodies for them at the end.