headerphoto

Excitement mounts as Penang Bridge Marathon draws closer

This Sunday morning, I’m going to be joined by 16,000 people from all walks of life having one thing in common…to complete the Penang Bridge Run. Be it full, half-marathon or just the Fun run, everybody will be having lots of fun taking part in this yearly event. This is my first ever participation believe it or not and after 28 years of residing on this island, I’m looking forward to actually running on the bridge. It’s hard to imagine how I could cover the entire length of the bridge (twice) and still survive the coastal highway before arriving at the finishing line. But I did 26km before at Malakoff this year, so I know how it feels especially the last 5km. I’m just going to pace myself and have a relaxing run hopefully finishing before 3 hours.

Many people will be walking with a bright yellow Digi bag these few days after collecting their goodie bags from Queensbay Mall. I collected mine yesterday anticipating a huge crowd today and tomorrow. Anyways I wish all of you the best of luck and have an enjoyable time. See ya this Sun.

Remember to stay back for the lucky draw…Proton Saga awaits you!

Articles from theStar…

Road closures for marathon

Proton Saga for lucky marathon runner

People who read this post also read :



1 comments:

kazuolim said...

Hallo, Shaun. You did it well for achieving below 3hrs for 25k run. Ausgezeichnet!